Welcome to Explore Highland
Explore Highland offer’s bespoke canoeing, sea kayaking, white water kayaking and stand up paddle boarding coaching & guiding activities throughout the Scottish Highlands.
Based in Inverness, Explore Highland run by Donald Macpherson offers a wide range of paddle sport activities for all adults and families, for all fitness levels and paddle abilities.
Always aiming to offer a personal paddling experience, Donald is known as the is a highly experienced multi-discipline paddlesports coach, guide, and author. With his local knowledge and experience he’ll ensuring you get the most out of your paddling adventure. The Scottish Highlands are renowned for their stunning landscape, scenery, wildlife & hospitality which is just waiting for you to try.
Explore Highland Services:
Paddling throughout the year Explore Highland services include;
Guided Paddlesports Activities
- Family-friendly four-hour tandem kayak trips on Loch Ness, Moray Firth & Cromarty Firth
- Stunning four-hour tandem canoe trips on Loch Ness, River Beauly & Loch Duntelchaig
- Half-day, full-day & multi-day bespoke guided canoe, sea kayak & paddleboard trips for couples, families, and private groups
- Fun jumbo paddleboard sessions for families, adults, hen and stag groups
Open Canoe Hire
Open canoe hire available for those who are appropriately experienced & competent to take on the likes of the Great Glen & River Spey adventures.
- Open canoe hire services
- Great Glen shuttle service from Inverness to the start of the trail at Banavie, Fort William
- River Spey shuttle service from Inverness to Grantown on Spey, Boat of Garten, Aviemore, Kincraig, Kingussie or Newtonmore, with collection from Spey Bay.
Paddling Adventure Holidays
Specialising in offering unique multi day guided adventures open canoeing, sea kayaking, and paddleboarding.
- Great Glen Canoe Trail guided holidays canoeing coast to coast across Scotland
- River Spey guided open canoe adventures paddling from source to sea
- Summer Isles, Isle of Skye, & Knoydart guided sea kayaking holidays
- Isle of Skye, Great Glen, & North West Highland paddleboard guided adventure holiday
Paddlesports Courses & Qualifications
- Various introduction courses in open canoeing, sea kayaking, white water kayaking and paddleboarding
- British Canoeing Personal Performance Awards in open canoeing, sea kayaking, whitewater kayaking and paddleboarding
- British Canoeing Safety & Rescue Awards including FSRT & WWSR training
- British Canoeing Leadership bespoke training & assessment for all paddlesport disciplines
As an ambassador for Scottish paddlesport, Donald’s local knowledge is invaluable in making your Highland paddling adventure safe, great fun, and unique.