These evening paddles are open to all abilities as it's about getting you out onto the water, having fun, whilst exploring the area under the watchful eye of a coach/guide.
Meeting at Explore Highland office, we issue a suitably sized wetsuit, wetsuit shoes, paddling jacket and paddle to everyone. Depending on wind/weather a suitable location for sea kayaking will be decided.
These options include;
- Beauly Firth from Clachnaharry
- Moray Firth from North Kessock or Rosemarkie
- Loch Ness from Dores
- Loch Ness from Dochgarroch
- Loch Achilty
Where possible the first location choice is a scenic paddle out onto the Beauly or Moray Firth (depending on winds & tide times). Bad weather options include paddling out onto Loch Ness from Dochgarroch or Dores. Final back up option for more shelter would be to head to either Loch Achilty.
Depending on location, seals, dolphins, osprey, otters and other wildlife may be spotted. No matter the location or what wildlife we see, you're guaranteed to have a great time!
- a suitable sea kayaks & spray deck
- a personal buoyancy aid (PFD)if required and an sea kayak paddle
- a 10-litre dry bag per person for any essentials needing to be taken out on the water
- glowsticks and buoyancy aid waterproof safety lights
- three plus hours on the water guided/coached adventure
- tea/coffee/hot chocolate and biscuits/cake for a tea break
- copies of photos taken by your guide during the trip forwarded after
What you need to bring: When paddling, you should expect to be prepared for the outdoors and the Highland weather. The weather can be unpredictable so its best to be prepared for the worst so you enjoy. If you have your own paddling kit (wetsuit & wetsuit shoes/old trainers, please feel free to take those with you).
We recommend bring along;
- a dry set of clothes
- swimwear for under wetsuit
- a towel
- a cap and/or shades
- water or juice for when paddling
- any medication you may require
Group Size: Max 4 (Bookings close 24 hours before activity date. Should there not be sufficient numbers, you will be notified and issued a full refund)
Age: This trip is suitable for adults only
Meeting Time: 6.00pm
Meet Location: Explore Highland Office, Clachnaharry Works Lock, Clachnaharry Road, Inverness, IV3 8RA!
Finish Time: Approx 10.00pm
Distance: Approx. paddling distance 4 miles (6 km)
Craft: Solo sea kayaks
Weather: Depending on the wind direction and weather, a decision will be made as to where the trip will go. Transport from Explore Highland office is included should the paddle not be based from this location.
Personal Belongings: Camera's, phones, car keys, and other personal belongings are taken out onto the water at your own risk. If in doubt, please leave these back on land!
Terms & Conditions: Terms and conditions can be found online at - www.explorehighland.com/terms-conditions/