Meeting at Explore Highland office, we issue a suitably sized personal buoyancy aid and paddle to everyone. After a short drive, safety briefing & a few paddling pointers, we launch onto the Aigas Reservoir and head off on a mini adventure. Paddling across the reservoir and a stunning gorge, you enter a different world. One of calm, tranquility and beauty. Osprey and other wildlife may be spotted also.
- tandem sit on top kayak
- personal buoyancy aid (PFD) and a suitable sized canoe paddle
- 60 litre dry bag per kayak for spare clothes
- approx three hours on the water guided/coached adventure
- tea/coffee/hot chocolate and biscuits/cake for tea break
- copies of photos taken by your guide during the trip forwarded after
What you need to bring: When paddling, you should expect to be prepared for the outdoors and the Highland weather. The weather can be unpredictable so its best to be prepared for the worst so you enjoy. Please bring suitable outdoor clothing to keep you warm for your time out on the water. We recommend bring along;
- waterproof jacket and trousers
- fleece jumper base layer
- hat or cap to keep head warm
- old footwear/trainers that you don't mind getting wet/splashed
- complete change of clothes for afterward (or in case you take an accidental swim)
- water or juice as you may get thirsty
- any medication you may require
Group Size: Min 4, Max 8 (Bookings close 48 hours before activity date. Should there not be sufficient numbers, you will be notified and issued a full refund)
Age: This trip is suitable for adults or families (minimum 12 year old)
Meeting Time: 10.00am
Meet Location: Explore Highland Office, Clachnaharry Works Lock, Clachnaharry Road, Inverness, IV3 8RA!
Finish Time: Approx 3.00pm
Distance: Approx. paddling distance 4 miles (6 km)
Craft: Tandem sit on top kayaks are used as default on this trip. Bespoke trips we offer open canoes or stand up paddle board trips on request if clients have prior paddling experience of these craft.
Weather: This trip takes place in a very sheltered location and always runs.
Personal Belongings: Camera's, phones, car keys and other personal belongings are taken out onto the water at your own risk. If in doubt, please leave these back on land!