Meeting at Explore Highland office, we issue a suitably sized personal buoyancy aid and paddle to everyone. After a short safety briefing, we launch onto the Beauly Firth and head off on a mini adventure. Paddling in the Beauly & Moray Firth area has many options to explore. These include following the route of the old Kessock ferry, paddling out under the Kessock Bridge towards Kilmuir, exploring the mouth of the River Ness and the Inverness Marina. We offer the group an opportunity to land at Craigton Point and/or Kilmuir to stretch their legs and have a tea break. Here you can sit back and enjoy the stunning view looking across the firth, with a little local history, and plenty of opportunities to look for wildlife including otters and the famous Moray Firth Bottlenose Dolphins.
- a tandem sit on top kayak with deluxe seat pads
- a personal buoyancy aid (PFD) and a suitably sized kayak paddle
- a 60-litre dry bag per kayak for spare clothes
- approx three hours on the water guided/coached adventure
- tea/coffee/hot chocolate and biscuits/cake at the tea break
- copies of photos taken by your guide during the trip
What you need to bring: When paddling, you should expect to be splashed a little from boat spray and drips from the paddle. The weather can also change rapidly out on the lochs so its best to be prepared for the worst. Please bring suitable outdoor clothing to keep you warm for the four-hour trip for outdoors in the Scottish Highlands. We recommend bring along;
- a waterproof jacket and waterproof over trousers (essential)
- fleece jumper base layer
- a hat or cap to keep the head warm
- old footwear/trainers that you don't mind getting wet/splashed
- water or juice as you may get thirsty
- any medication you may require
- towel & complete change of clothes for afterward - can be taken or left in your car!
Group Size: Min 4 Adults, Max 8 (Bookings closes 24 hours before the activity date. Should there not be sufficient numbers, you will be notified and issued a full refund)
Age: This trip is suitable for adults or families (minimum 12-year-old). Should you require to book for multiple spaces, please check spaces available when registering "Add More Attendee's? Click to toggle, limit X)" lets you see remaining spaces. Adults and U18's need to be booked/paid separately.
Meeting Time: 6.00pm
Meet Location: Explore Highland Office, Clachnaharry Works Lock, Clachnaharry Road, Inverness, IV3 8RA!
Parking: Free parking available
Finish Time: Approx 2.00pm
Distance: Approx. paddling distance 5 miles (8km)
Craft: Tandem sit on top kayaks are used as default.
Weather: Should the weather (wind/waves) be unsuitable to paddle out onto the Beauly Firth on the day, we may have to make the decision to paddle at another location which will be decided on the day and discussed with group.
Personal Belongings: Camera's, phones, car keys, and other personal belongings are taken out onto the water at your own risk. If in doubt, please leave these items in your own car when out on the water
Terms & Conditions: Terms and conditions can be found online at - www.explorehighland.com/terms-conditions/