Meeting at Coop store, Telford Street, Inverness we discuss the day over a social cuppa. Here we chat about the influence of wind/weather on the kayak and choose a suitable local paddling location for the day. Onsite we looking over a sea kayak, paddles, and other paddling accessories before getting changed and heading out on the water.
The rest of the morning is spent learning some basic kayaking skills and working as a paddling team.
Lunch is taken with us and we find a great spot to pull off the water, stretch the legs, and refuel/rehydrate before heading back out for a wee explore of the local area. During the afternoon its less coaching input and more practicing and enjoying your newly learned skills.
The plan is to be off the water by 3.30 pm and back in Inverness approx 5.00 pm.
- a tandem sea kayak
- a personal buoyancy aid (PFD), a spray deck and a kayak paddle
- full body wetsuit and wetsuit shoes (please email height and shoe size if needed)
- a small dry bag for accessories for the afternoon adventure
- full-day course with over 4 hours on the water coaching/guiding
- transport to and from paddling location from Tiso OE if required
- copies of photos taken by your guide during the course
What you need to bring:
- swimwear (please arrive swimwear already on)
- wetsuit & shoes if you have your own
- waterproof trousers & jacket
- beanie/cap and shades if you wish
- towel & change of clothes
- old footwear/trainers that you don't mind getting wet/splashed
- packed lunch & water bottle
- any medication you may require
Group Size: Min 4, Max 8 (Bookings closes 48 hours before activity date. Should there not be sufficient numbers, you will be notified and issued a full refund)
Age: This trip is suitable for adults. 14-18year olds may join when accompanied by a parent/guardian (minimum 14-year-old). Should you require to book for multiple spaces, please check spaces available when registering "Add More Attendee's? Click to toggle, limit X)" lets you see remaining spaces. Adults and U18's need to be booked/paid separately.
Meeting Time: 9.30 am.
Meet Location: Coop carpark, Telford Street, Inverness.
Parking: Clients are welcome to take their own cars to the chosen paddling location or welcome to jump into the minibus.
Facilities: There are toilets at the store plus the option to grab lunch in case anyone has forgotten food/drink.
Finish Time: Approx 5.00pm
Personal Belongings: Camera's, phones, car keys, and other personal belongings are taken out onto the water at your own risk. If in doubt, please leave these items in your own car or office when out on the water
Terms & Conditions: Terms and conditions can be found online - www.explorehighland.com/terms-conditions/