Meeting at Aigas Dam we unload the boards, paddles, and buoyancy aids. After a short safety briefing, we launch onto the peaceful River Beauly. Over the next few hours, we gently paddle up the reservoir to where the river flow is more obvious, enjoying the stunning river, scenery, and wildlife. Stopping at the halfway point for a tea break to further appreciate the countryside before floating back down the river to Aigas Dam. There are a number of sensitive wildlife areas on this trip where we highlight to all paddlers responsible access and wildlife watching code.
- touring paddleboard
- a personal buoyancy aid, and a paddle
- a small dry bag per person
- Adult sized wetsuit (if required)
- approx 2-2.5 hours paddling on the water
- copies of photos taken during the trip
What you need to bring:
- a waterproof jacket and waterproof over trousers or full body wetsuit (recommended)
- leggings or outdoor trousers/baselayer/fleece jumper
- a hat/ cap to keep your head warm
- old light footwear/trainers that you don't mind getting wet at launching/landing
We recommend also bringing along;
- water or juice and a small snack
- any medication you may require
- towel & complete change of clothes for afterward - can be taken or left in your car!
Jeans and hiking boats are NOT suitable for paddlesports.
Group Size: Max 5x paddlers
Age: This trip is suitable for adults or accompanied 14-17 year olds (minimum 14-year-old).
Prerequisite: This trip/journey is suitable for those who have attended our beginner SUP 2hr course or have had prior paddleboarding experience. Sorry but this journey for the benefit of the group is NOT suitable for those who have NO paddleboarding experience.
Meeting Time: 2.00 pm. Please arrive early to ensure you can get parked ok and are in time for the safety briefing and kit issue.
Parking Location: You can park in the layby on the left just up the hill past the lower entrance to Aigas Power Station. At the Lovat Bridge by Beauly follow the A831 for 3 miles. Follow the road slowly passed the Aigas Power Station entrance, at the top of the hill there is a long layby on the left-hand side. The meeting point is just 100m along the road in the SSE car park. Please take care especially with kids when walking along the side of the fast road.
Google Map link - https://goo.gl/maps/sCz7AXL2drNeyN5Z9
Finish Time: Approx 5.00pm
Distance: Approx. paddling distance 3-4 miles
Craft: Touring paddleboards.
Personal Belongings: Cameras, phones, car keys, and other personal belongings are taken out onto the water at your own risk. If in doubt, please leave these items in your car when out on the water
COVID-19 Safety Precautions: A number of precautions are being put in place to ensure safety for all attending.
- All participants are attending on the basis they are NOT suffering from any COVID-19 symptoms, have NOT knowingly been in contact with anyone suffering from COVID-19 symptoms within the last 14 days, and are fit, healthy and happy to participate,
- Should any booked participant discover they have developed any COVID-19 symptoms, participants are asked to contact Explore Highland and notify at the earliest opportunity. As a local, your activity booking will be postponed and welcome you back to participate when you are well and out of the recommended 7-14 days quarantine process,
- We ask all participants to respect social distancing and assist in everyone's safety,
- No shuttle transport option currently available and Explore Highland will meet groups locally in the great outdoors,
- Social distancing maintained including virtual handshakes and afraid we will NOT be supplying added extras including hot drinks and cakes etc.,
- Alcohol-based hand sanitizer available for regular application for all,
- Pre & post-cleaning of all craft and kit including a 72 hour resting of all kit used,
- Additional safety briefing to explain self-rescue and ensuring no sharing equipment,
- Coach/guide will use disposable gloves when issuing clean kit or returning at end of session, plus if needing help carrying the craft to the water,
- Tandem craft trip bookings are taken from the same household only (couples, friends, parent & child),
- Usual group photos will be taken using social distancing and same household photos option also offered,
- Should there be any more best practice advice issued, we will ensure to add to this list to further promote safe paddling for all.
Terms & Conditions: Terms and conditions can be found online at - www.explorehighland.com/terms-conditions/
Payment: You can make a booking by paying via credit or debit card. Complete the registration form below and confirm with payment.
PLEASE NOTE: Your place is not confirmed until full payment has been completed.