Great Glen by Kayak
- 07/09/2021 - 09/09/2021
10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Explore Highland is guiding this three-day Great Glen Canoe Trail adventure. The trip will take you across Scotland, from Fort William in the West to Inverness in the East on this sixty-mile coast-to-coast route following Thomas Telford’s Caledonian Canal.
EH equipment supplied includes;
- tandem sea kayaks, paddle, spray deck, buoyancy aid & dry bags
- tent, roll mat, stove/gas, cooking and eating equipment
- water carrier
- three days guiding
- all the photos taken during the adventure
- plus lots more…
- Personal clothing & toiletries
- Sleeping bag
- Food for 2x breakfasts, 2x lunches, 2x dinners
- any medication you may require
Meeting Location: Top of Neptune Staircase, Banavie
Google Maps link – https://goo.gl/maps/uwnSmrMr83yepNtXA
What3Words – https://what3words.com/swimsuits.parent.pleaser
Group Size: Min 4, Max 8
Craft: Tandem sea kayaks. I have had a fair few enquiries of solo sea kayakers who have all their own kit look to join my guided sea kayaking trips. There will be two spaces available on this adventure.
Age: This trip is suitable for adults only
Paddling Experience Req: Some prior paddling experience is required but as guiding is offered and distance/environment is light, this trip is open to improvers to advanced paddlers alike.
Physical Fitness: Paddlers should be physically fit enough to paddle lightly for the duration and able to move and handle the kayaks in pairs.
Parking: There is free parking in the village opposite the Village Hall.
Facilities: There are public toilets beside the village hall and a Spar shop 100m from the meet point.
Finish Time: Approx 5.00 – 6.00 pm on Day 3
Price: Price is based per person but these trips are definitely suited to sharing with a friend or partner. Only £325 pp or £600 when booking two places.
Personal Belongings: Camera’s, phones, car keys, and other personal belongings are taken out onto the water at your own risk. If in doubt, please leave these items in your own car or office when out on the water
COVID-19 Activity Advice: A number of precautions are being put in place to ensure safety for all attending.
- All participants are attending on the basis they are NOT suffering from any COVID-19 symptoms, have NOT knowingly been in contact with anyone suffering from COVID-19 symptoms within the last 14 days, and are fit, healthy, and happy to participate.
- Should any booked participant discover they have developed any COVID-19 symptoms, participants are asked to contact Explore Highland by email at the earliest opportunity.
- We ask all participants to respect social distancing to assist in everyone’s safety.
- Social distancing will be maintained throughout the activity whether on land or when out on the water.
- Alcohol-based hand sanitisers will be available for regular application at the start, tea break, and at the end of the paddling day.
- Pre & post-cleaning of all boards and kit will be completed to ensure all paddler’s safety.
- Additional safety briefing to explain options for self-rescue and ensuring no sharing of equipment.
- Coach/guide will use disposable gloves when issuing clean kit, and when you are finished with it. Gloves will also be worn if help is required moving and handling the boards on & off the water.
- Group photos will be taken maintaining social distancing and “group hug photos” encouraged only for the same household paddlers.
- Should the Scottish/UK government change travel restrictions after deposits/balance has been paid, Explore Highland will honour your booking and offer an alternative date/event to attend once restrictions have been lifted.
- If paddling shuttle restrictions are still in place at the time of the event, Explore Highland may not be able to offer transport to the start/from the finish of the activity/adventure. If this is the case, you will be given notification at the earliest opportunity, along with other safe Covid-19 transport suggestions.
- Should there be any more best practice advice issued, we will ensure to add to this list to further promote safe paddling for all.
Terms & Conditions: Terms and conditions can be found online – www.explorehighland.com/terms-conditions/