Guided SUP – North Kessock
10:00 am - 2:00 pm
Join us out on the water for a half-day guided stand-up paddleboard adventure.
- solo paddleboard and leash
- a personal buoyancy aid (PFD) and a kayak paddle
- a small dry bag per person (if required)
- approx 2.5-3.0 hours paddling on the water
- copies of photos taken during the trip
- full-body wetsuits can be supplied if requested by email 24 hrs before activity. Please email height (feet/inches) and build. email email@example.com
What you need to bring: When paddling, you should expect to be splashed a little from board spray and drips from the paddle. The weather can also change rapidly out on the sea so its best to be prepared for the worst. Please bring suitable outdoor clothing to keep you warm for the 3.5 hour trip outdoors in the Scottish Highlands.
- wetsuit with a waterproof over jacket (recommended)
- shorts or leggings/baselayer/fleece jumper depending on conditions
- a hat/ cap to keep your head warm
- old light footwear/trainers that you don’t mind getting wet at launching/landing
- water or juice and a small snack (EH currently due to COVID-19 are NOT supplying drinks and snacks for paddlers)
- any medication you may require
- towel & complete change of clothes for afterward – can be left in your car!
- suntan lotion is also a good call for those sunny days.
Jeans and hiking boats are NOT suitable for watersports and paddling.
Group Size: Min 3/Max 6x paddlers
Age: This trip is suitable for adults or accompanied teenagers (minimum 14-year-old). 14-17-year-olds require to be accompanied by an adult.
Prerequisite: For this paddleboarding trip, participants should have prior paddleboarding experience. Coaching/guiding is offered but this trip is NOT for paddlers who have never been on a paddleboard before. Beginners should book onto our 2hr Beginner SUP sessions to learn some paddleboarding basics before taking on a SUP journey.
Distance: Approx. paddling distance 4-5 miles (8km)
Weather: Should winds not allow the alternative option of launching from North Kessock slipway and head up the more sheltered Beauly Firth heading up to Redcastle.
Personal Belongings: Cameras, phones, car keys, and other personal belongings are taken out onto the water at your own risk. If in doubt, please leave these items in your car when out on the water
Meeting Time: 10.00am. Please arrive early to ensure you can get parked ok and are in time for the safety briefing and kit issue.
Meet Location: Beside RNLI Lifeboat station, North Kessock We meet at North Kessock underneath the Kessock Bridge. There is ample parking for cars on the rough ground just past the Lifeboat station. Please DO NOT park directly beside the Lifeboat station as 24/7 access around it and the area should be kept clear for launching and landings, including the landing of the rescue helicopter.
Google Map link – https://goo.gl/maps/BDw6tLf2CZn9PW7PA
Finish Time: Approx 2.00pm
COVID-19 Activity Advice: A number of precautions are being put in place to ensure safety for all attending.
- All participants are attending on the basis they are NOT suffering from any COVID-19 symptoms, have NOT knowingly been in contact with anyone suffering from COVID-19 symptoms within the last 14 days, and are fit, healthy, and happy to participate.
- Should any booked participant discover they have developed any COVID-19 symptoms, participants are asked to contact Explore Highland by email at the earliest opportunity.
- We ask all participants to respect social distancing to assist in everyone’s safety.
- Social distancing will be maintained throughout the activity whether on land or when out on the water.
- Alcohol-based hand sanitisers will be available for regular application at the start, tea break, and at the end of the paddling day.
- Pre & post-cleaning of all boards and kit will be completed to ensure all paddler’s safety.
- Additional safety briefing to explain options for self-rescue and ensuring no sharing of equipment.
- Coach/guide will use disposable gloves when issuing clean kit, and when you are finished with it. Gloves will also be worn if help is required moving and handling the boards on & off the water.
- Group photos will be taken maintaining social distancing and “group hug photos” encouraged only for the same household paddlers.
- Should the Scottish/UK government change travel restrictions after deposits/balance has been paid, Explore Highland will honour your booking and offer an alternative date/event to attend once restrictions have been lifted.
- If paddling shuttle restrictions are still in place at the time of the event, Explore Highland may not be able to offer transport to the start/from the finish of the activity/adventure. If this is the case, you will be given notification at the earliest opportunity, along with other safe Covid-19 transport suggestions.
- Should there be any more best practice advice issued, we will ensure to add to this list to further promote safe paddling for all.
Terms & Conditions: Terms and conditions can be found online at – www.explorehighland.com/terms-conditions/
PER SCOTTISH GOVERNMENT RESTRICTIONS, LOCAL TRAVEL RULES FROM 2-26 APRIL APPLY.
BOOKINGS ACCEPTED FROM THOSE WITHIN HIGHLAND REGION ONLY!