Guided SUP River Trip
6:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Join Explore Highland out for an evenings coached/guided trip down the River Ness.
- four hour coached guided river trip
- approx 2.5-3.0 hours of paddling/on the water time
- copies of photos/videos taken during the trip
- shuttle from Inverness meet point to the start
What you need to bring: When paddle boarding on a river , you dress with the intention of falling off the board so wetsuit/drysuit is recommended to ensure you are comfortable for the trip duration
- wetsuit or drysuit (recommended)
- old trainers/footwear with strong soles for river use
- a paddleboard, leash and paddle
- a buoyancy aid, quick release waist belt and helmet (these can be supplied if required)
- a small dry bag with some spare clothes, beanie hat etc
- water bottle and a snack/energy bar
- any medication you may require
- towel & complete change of clothes for afterward – can be left in your car!
If you have any further questions regards kit required, please email
Group Size: Min 2/Max 4 paddlers
Age: This trip is suitable for adults or accompanied teenagers (minimum 14-year-old). 14-17-year-olds require to be accompanied by an adult.
Prerequisite: For this paddleboarding trip, participants should have prior paddleboarding experience. Coaching/guiding is offered but this trip is NOT for paddlers who have never been on a paddleboard before. Beginners should book onto our 2hr Beginner SUP sessions to learn some paddleboarding basics, plus have a few days experience paddleboarding before taking on a Guided SUP River Trip.
Distance: Approx. paddling distance 4-5 miles (8km)
Weather: As this trip is being held on the River Ness it is not susceptible to weather/winds as loch or coastal paddling. Only in severely strong winds or lightning conditions would this trip be cancelled.
Personal Belongings: Cameras, phones, car keys, and other personal belongings are taken out onto the water at your own risk. If in doubt, please leave these items in your car when out on the water
Meeting Time: 6.00pm. Please arrive early to ensure you can get parked ok and are in time for the safety briefing and kit issue.
Meet Location: This trip will meet at Fishermens Car Park, Inverness.
Google Maps Link – https://goo.gl/maps/GorRaAfHATACCdZe8
What 3 Words Link – ///pumps.reward.risks
Finish Time: Approx 930-10.00pm
COVID-19 Activity Advice: A number of precautions are being put in place to ensure safety for all attending.
- All participants are attending on the basis they are NOT suffering from any COVID-19 symptoms, have NOT knowingly been in contact with anyone suffering from COVID-19 symptoms within the last 14 days, and are fit, healthy, and happy to participate.
- Should any booked participant discover they have developed any COVID-19 symptoms, participants are asked to contact Explore Highland by email at the earliest opportunity.
- We ask all participants to respect social distancing to assist in everyone’s safety.
- Social distancing will be maintained throughout the activity whether on land or when out on the water.
- Alcohol-based hand sanitisers will be available for regular application at the start, tea break, and at the end of the paddling day.
- Pre & post-cleaning of all kayaks and kit will be completed to ensure all paddler’s safety.
- Additional safety briefing to explain options for self-rescue and ensuring no sharing of equipment.
- Should the Scottish/UK government change travel restrictions after deposits/balance has been paid, Explore Highland will honour your booking and offer an alternative date/event to attend once restrictions have been lifted.
- Should there be any more best practice advice issued, we will ensure to add to this list to further promote safe paddling for all.
Terms & Conditions: Terms and conditions can be found online at – www.explorehighland.com/terms-conditions/