Intermediate Skills Day – WW Kayaking
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Come join us out on the water and make plans for the year ahead. Rebuild your confidence, polish up your personal skills, challenge yourself to try new things, and enjoy playing on the river with other like minded intermediate paddlers.
Either one of the River Findhorn sections or River Averon is likely to be used for this day and will be decided depending on group and water levels on the day.
- transport from Inverness to venue and back
- deal with the river shuttle
- offer a full day coaching on the river
- all safety kit, first aid kit, group shelter and spare paddle
- forward all photos and videos taken during the day to aid review & personal development
What you need to bring:
We recommend bring along;
- suitable river kayak and paddling equipment. All river and creek boats should have bow airbags, rear airbags and rear swim tail fitted
- buoyancy aid, helmet, paddle, spray deck and own wetsuit/drysuit/own paddling clothing
- suitable footwear for paddling
- paddling gloves/pogies if needed
- dry bag with lunch and snacks
- flask and water bottle/juice
- warm clothes and towel for after
Personal Belongings: Camera’s, phones, car keys, and other personal belongings are taken out on the water at your own risk.
Group Size: Maximum x6 paddlers
Craft: River kayak (a craft you are used to paddling in whether it be a playboat, river runner or creek boat)
Meeting Time: 9.00 am
Meet Location: Outside Tiso Inverness
Finish Time: Approx. 4pm at the river, 5pm back in Inverness
Paddling Experience Req: Paddlers should have 3-5 days experience paddling on grade 3 or above
Age: This skills day is suitable for adults or accompanied 14-18 year olds
Price: £50 per adult, £40 per accompanied 14-18 year old
Payment: You can book your place online by completing the booking process below.
Terms & Conditions: Terms and conditions can be found online – www.explorehighland.com/terms-conditions/