River Spey Canoe Adventure
25/07/2024 - 28/07/2024
9:30 am - 6:00 pm
Join Donald Macpherson on this four-day source to sea canoeing adventure down one of Scotland’s most famous rivers.
Explore Highland ran by Donald has been offering amazing paddling adventure holidays across the whole of the Scottish Highlands and across the Great Glen for over ten years, so rest assured you’ll be in safe hands and guaranteed a great adventurous holiday with great company!
There will be an evening Teams meeting held a on Tuesday 4th June 2024 @8pm ensure all participants get a virtual face to face, a opportunity to confirm information and to ask further questions. The link to this Teams Meeting will be sent within the confirmation email.
- Transport from Inverness to the start point as well as returning to Inverness at the end of the trip
- suitable tandem canoes, paddles, buoyancy aids & helmets
- 70 ltr large dry bags & canoe barrels
- tent, roll mat, all cooking equipment & toilet bag (if required)
- four days of canoe guiding/coaching
- River Spey history and stories
- copies of photos taken by your guide during the adventure
What you need to bring:
We recommend bring along;
- your own warm paddling clothing
- good waterproof trouser & jacket
- suitable footwear for paddling (wet shoes) and for camp (dryshoes)
- hat, cap & gloves
- spare clothing & sleeping bag
- torch or headtorch
- personal toiletries, midgy spray & suntan lotion
- individual snacks and treats for between meals
- food (4x lunches, 3x breakfasts, 3x dinners, a water bottle, a flask/cup
- additional spending money – For any souvenirs, additional tea/coffee/treats on the route
Personal Belongings: Camera’s, phones, car keys, and other personal belongings are taken out on the Canoe Trail at your own risk.
Group Size: Max 6
Craft: Tandem open canoes will be used. People who book in pairs can paddle together. Individuals will be paired up. Should there be an odd number in the group, the guide will paddle with a different client per day.
Distance: approx. 12-15 miles per day.
Duration: Four days paddling/three nights wild camping by the river sides
Meeting Time: 9.30am at Coop Telford Street car park
Finish Time: Approx. 3-5.00 pm on Day 4 back in Inverness
Paddling Experience Req: Some tandem canoe experience is required for this adventure. However each day the river builds and additional skills can be taught to help pairs control their canoe.
Physical Fitness: Although paddling is relatively relaxing, paddlers should be generally fit and possibly do some upper body muscular endurance training to build up to paddle for four days spending 5-7 hour on the water per day. Lifting kit, barrels, and sharing lifting of the empty canoe on and off the water with your paddling partner is required. Best practice lifting & moving techniques will be shown.
Age: This adventure is suitable for adults, or accompanied children(14-17 years old)
Price: £425 per person, £325 accompanied 14-17 year old
Payment: You can book your place online by completing the booking process below. A 25% non-refundable deposit option is also available with the balance invoice forwarded for payment six weeks prior to adventure start date.
Terms & Conditions: Terms and conditions can be found online – www.explorehighland.com/terms-conditions/