SUP Glen Affric
10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Join me for a stunning day out on this Natural Nature Reserve loch adventure exploring Loch Beinn a Mheadhoin and its islands and stunning Glen Affric scenery.
If conditions are a little too windy for being out on the loch, the day will not be wasted as we can divert to the stunningly beautiful River Glass and paddle down this gently flowing river from Cannich to Struy.
- inflatable paddleboard
- a personal buoyancy aid, an adjustable paddle, and a helmet
- full body wetsuit and wetsuit shoes if required (please email height and shoe size if needed – firstname.lastname@example.org)
- a small dry bag for accessories needed out on the water
- full-day guided paddling experience with over 4 hours on the water
- copies of photos taken by your guide during the course
What you need to bring:
- swimwear (please arrive with swimwear already on)
- wetsuit & shoes if you have your own
- beanie/cap, shades, and suntan lotion
- towel & change of clothes
- old footwear/trainers that you don’t mind getting wet/splashed
- packed lunch & water bottle
- any medication you may require
Group Size: Min 3, Max 6
Age: This trip is suitable for adults. 14-18year olds may join when accompanied by a parent/guardian (minimum 14-year-old).
Paddling Experience Req: Minimum of two days stand-up paddling experience and the ability to self rescue in deep water back onto your own board. A good sense of adventure and a little fitness for open water paddling is needed though.
Physical Fitness: Paddlers should be physically fit enough to paddle lightly for the duration and able to move and handle the board on their own.
Meeting Time: 10.00 am.
Meeting Location: Spar Shop, Cannich.
Parking: Depend on the days’ weather conditions, we can then either drive up to the loch where we can park in one of two Forestry Commission car parks or move to the river start point parking.
Facilities: Plan for no public facilities. Due to covid, the village and Forestry Commission car park toilets are likely to be left unlocked.
Finish Time: Approx 4.30-5.00pm
Weather: Should the weather be inappropriate for a safe and efficient loch paddling, as a group we will relocate and paddle the River Glass from Cannich to Struy.
Personal Belongings: Camera’s, phones, car keys, and other personal belongings are taken out onto the water at your own risk. If in doubt, please leave these items in your own car or office when out on the water
COVID-19 Activity Advice: A number of precautions are being put in place to ensure safety for all attending.
- All participants are attending on the basis they are NOT suffering from any COVID-19 symptoms, have NOT knowingly been in contact with anyone suffering from COVID-19 symptoms within the last 14 days, and are fit, healthy, and happy to participate.
- Should any booked participant discover they have developed any COVID-19 symptoms, participants are asked to contact Explore Highland by email at the earliest opportunity.
- We ask all participants to respect social distancing to assist in everyone’s safety.
- Social distancing will be maintained throughout the activity whether on land or when out on the water.
- Alcohol-based hand sanitisers will be available for regular application at the start, tea break, and at the end of the paddling day.
- Pre & post-cleaning of all boards and kit will be completed to ensure all paddler’s safety.
- Additional safety briefing to explain options for self-rescue and ensuring no sharing of equipment.
- Coach/guide will use disposable gloves when issuing clean kit, and when you are finished with it. Gloves will also be worn if help is required moving and handling the boards on & off the water.
- Group photos will be taken maintaining social distancing and “group hug photos” encouraged only for the same household paddlers.
- Should the Scottish/UK government change travel restrictions after deposits/balance has been paid, Explore Highland will honour your booking and offer an alternative date/event to attend once restrictions have been lifted.
- If paddling shuttle restrictions are still in place at the time of the event, Explore Highland may not be able to offer transport to the start/from the finish of the activity/adventure. If this is the case, you will be given notification at the earliest opportunity, along with other safe Covid-19 transport suggestions.
- Should there be any more best practice advice issued, we will ensure to add to this list to further promote safe paddling for all.
Terms & Conditions: Terms and conditions can be found online – www.explorehighland.com/terms-conditions/