BC SUP Inland Open Water Leader Training
- 19/02/2022 - 20/02/2022
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
BC SUP Inland Open Water Leader Training
Weekend training course for those wishing to become a British Canoeing SUP Inland Open Water Leader.
- pre-course evening Zoom meeting
- two full days training
- review/feedback to help create own individual action plan for moving forward to future assessment
- support and mentoring towards award assessment
What you need to bring:
As per leader training course, you will be expected to take along your own board, personal and safety equipment you will require to participate as a effective group member as well as leading group kit to help manage and deal with the majority of eventualities you may face. Should you not have a specific item, please discuss with Donald prior to booking/attending as possibility of a few items be loaned out.
Personal Belongings: All items used and taken out onto the water are at done so at your own risk.
Group Size: Max 4
Craft: You will need a suitable paddleboard to allow you to participate, demonstrate and paddle in the various environments of the leader award remit.
Duration: two day training course
Zoom Call: There will be an evening zoom meeting held a a fortnight before the activity start date to ensure all participants get a virtual face to face, a opportunity to confirm course venue/information, discuss personal training needs etc. Meeting link with timings will be emailed out to to those booked nearer the time.
Meeting Time: 9am both days. Various meeting location close to Inverness can be used and will be discussed/set during the Zoom call.
Finish Time: Approx. 5 pm both days The last hour of the course will be set aside for discussing personal action plans.
Paddling Experience Req: Should have some relevant experience in the craft, environment and safety skills as highlighted within the courses material
Physical Fitness: Should be comfortable and physically able to paddle for the required duration, lead and participate in various training and rescue scenarios within the scope of the award.
COVID-19 Activity Advice: A number of precautions are being put in place to ensure safety for all attending.
- All participants are attending on the basis they are NOT suffering from any COVID-19 symptoms, have NOT knowingly been in contact with anyone suffering from COVID-19 symptoms within the last 14 days, and are fit, healthy, and happy to participate.
- Should any booked participant discover they have developed any COVID-19 symptoms, participants are asked to contact Explore Highland by email at the earliest opportunity.
- We ask all participants to respect social distancing to assist in everyone’s safety.
- Social distancing will be maintained throughout the adventure whether on land or when out on the water.
- Alcohol-based hand sanitisers will be available for regular application at the start, tea break, and at the end of the paddling day.
- Pre & post-cleaning of all boards and kit will be completed to ensure all paddler’s safety.
- Additional safety briefing to explain options for self-rescue and ensuring ways to ensure no sharing of equipment.
- Group photos will be taken using social distancing and “group hug photos” encouraged only for the same household paddlers.
- A lateral flow test will be requested to be undertaken 24 hrs prior to this activity to ensure all participants test negative for Covid-19
- Should the Scottish/UK government change travel restrictions after deposits/balance has been paid, Explore Highland will honour your booking and offer an alternative date/event to attend once restrictions have been lifted.
- Should there be any more best practice advice be issued, we will ensure to add to this list to further promote safe paddling for all.
Price: £180 per candidate
Payment: Please email in the first instance to discuss suitability for attending this courses before booking. You can book your place online by completing the booking process below.
Terms & Conditions: Terms and conditions can be found online – www.explorehighland.com/terms-conditions/