SUP Isle of Skye Adventure – August 2024
07/08/2024 - 10/08/2024
9:00 am - 6:00 pm
Join Donald on this four-day Isle of Skye stand-up paddling adventure.
The Isle of Skye is well renowned Scottish Island for its rugged beauty and scenery. It’s one of the busiest tourist destinations in Scotland so why stick to the beaten track. These four days will take you around a small section of the island, get away from it all and relax in some amazing scenery.
Depending on the wind and weather forecasts over the paddling adventure period, a number of different locations can be used to ensure everyone gets the most out of the four days on the water. Meeting in Inverness or Kyleakin options available. On day 1, forecasts and various locations can be discussed with the group to plan either one longer trip in one area or two shorter trips covering two different locations.
There will be an evening zoom meeting held a month beforehand to ensure all participants get a virtual face to face, a opportunity to confirm information and to ask further questions.
A Zoom meeting has been planned for early July 2024
- a Red Paddle Co 12’6 Voyager touring paddleboard, adjustable paddle, buoyancy aid and waist leash
- 70 ltr large & 35 ltr medium dry bag
- various 10 ltr dry bags
- tent, roll mat, cooking equipment & toilet bag (if required)
- four days of paddleboard guiding/coaching
- transport from/returning to Inverness
- copies of photos taken by your guide during this adventure
What you need to bring:
We recommend bring along;
- wetsuit/drysuit or your own warm paddling clothing
- good waterproof trousers & jacket for around camp
- suitable footwear for paddling and at camp
- hat, cap & gloves
- spare clothing & sleeping bag
- personal toiletries, midgy spray & suntan lotion
- individual snacks and treats for between meals
- food (3x lunches, 3x breakfasts, 3x dinners),
- 2x water bottles, and a flask/cup
- additional spending money – For any souvenirs, additional tea/coffee/treats on the route
Personal Belongings: Camera’s, phones, car keys, and other personal belongings are taken out on the Canoe Trail at your own risk.
Group Size: Max 6 paddlers
Craft: Touring (12’6) stand up paddleboards will be used.
Distance: approx. 10-12 miles per day.
Duration: Four days paddling/three nights wild camping
Meeting Time: 9.30 in Inverness, 1130 in Kyleakin on day 1
Meet Location: Torvean car park, Inverness or Kyleakin village car park.
Finish Time: Approx. 4-6.00 pm on Day 4
Paddling Experience Req: Stand-up paddling experience is required for this adventure. We would advise this trip is suitable for those who have 5-10 days paddle boarding experience, comfortable standing up paddling and have some experience of paddling 5-10 miles a day. If in doubt, please email to discuss suitability.
Physical Fitness: Although paddling is relatively relaxing, paddlers should be generally fit and possibly do some upper body muscular endurance training to build up to paddle approximately 10-15 miles per day for five days. You should be fit enough to be able to move and handle paddleboards, drybags, and kit on and off the water at the various launch & landing locations. Best practice lifting & moving techniques will be shown.
Age: This adventure is suitable for adults only
Price: £425 per person.
Payment: You can book your place online by completing the booking process below. A 25% non-refundable deposit option is also available with the balance invoice forwarded for payment six weeks prior to adventure start date.
Terms & Conditions: Terms and conditions can be found online – www.explorehighland.com/terms-conditions/