10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Join me for a stunning day out on this coastal adventure exploring the Portknockie coastline, visiting the caves, arches and visiting the famous Bow Fiddle Rock.
If tides and conditions are right, we’ll also paddle through Bow Fiddle Rock on route to Cullen. A stretch of the legs can be had as we walk up to visit Cullen high street (Seafield Street). No visit to the beach is complete without a visit to the Ice Cream shop.
- inflatable paddleboard
- a personal buoyancy aid, an adjustable paddle, and a helmet
- full body wetsuit and wetsuit shoes if required (please email height and shoe size if needed)
- a small dry bag for accessories needed out on the water
- full-day guided coastal experience with over 4 hours on the water
- Ice cream included if we [addle across to Cullen
- copies of photos taken by your guide during the course
What you need to bring:
- swimwear (please arrive with swimwear already on)
- wetsuit & shoes if you have your own
- beanie/cap, shades, and suntan lotion
- towel & change of clothes
- old footwear/trainers that you don’t mind getting wet/splashed
- packed lunch & water bottle
- any medication you may require
Group Size: Min 3, Max 6
Age: This trip is suitable for adults. 14-18year olds may join when accompanied by a parent/guardian (minimum 14-year-old).
Paddling Experience Req: 5-10 days stand-up paddling experience and the ability to self rescue in deep water back onto their own board. Experience of windy, wavey conditions is beneficial but not necessary. But a good sense of challenge and adventure is definitely needed though.
Physical Fitness: Paddlers should be physically fit enough to paddle lightly for the duration and able to move and handle the board on their own.
Meeting Time: 10.00 am.
Meeting Location: Portknockie Harbour, by the outdoor swimming pool.
Parking: There is plenty of space to park at the far side of the harbour out of other users’ way.
Facilities: There are public toilets at the harbour but may not be open due to covid. Please use facilities before attending. There will be opportunities to go in the wild if needed.
Finish Time: Approx 4.30-5.00pm
Weather: Should the weather be inappropriate for a safe coastal paddle, paddlers will be notified 48 hours prior and offered an alternative sup date or a full refund.
Personal Belongings: Camera’s, phones, car keys, and other personal belongings are taken out onto the water at your own risk. If in doubt, please leave these items in your own car or office when out on the water
COVID-19 Activity Advice: A number of precautions are being put in place to ensure safety for all attending.
- All participants are attending on the basis they are NOT suffering from any COVID-19 symptoms, have NOT knowingly been in contact with anyone suffering from COVID-19 symptoms within the last 14 days, and are fit, healthy, and happy to participate.
- Should any booked participant discover they have developed any COVID-19 symptoms, participants are asked to contact Explore Highland by email at the earliest opportunity.
- We ask all participants to respect social distancing to assist in everyone’s safety.
- Social distancing will be maintained throughout the activity whether on land or when out on the water.
- Alcohol-based hand sanitisers will be available for regular application at the start, tea break, and at the end of the paddling day.
- Pre & post-cleaning of all boards and kit will be completed to ensure all paddler’s safety.
- Additional safety briefing to explain options for self-rescue and ensuring no sharing of equipment.
- Coach/guide will use disposable gloves when issuing clean kit, and when you are finished with it. Gloves will also be worn if help is required moving and handling the boards on & off the water.
- Group photos will be taken maintaining social distancing and “group hug photos” encouraged only for the same household paddlers.
- Should the Scottish/UK government change travel restrictions after deposits/balance has been paid, Explore Highland will honour your booking and offer an alternative date/event to attend once restrictions have been lifted.
- If paddling shuttle restrictions are still in place at the time of the event, Explore Highland may not be able to offer transport to the start/from the finish of the activity/adventure. If this is the case, you will be given notification at the earliest opportunity, along with other safe Covid-19 transport suggestions.
- Should there be any more best practice advice issued, we will ensure to add to this list to further promote safe paddling for all.
Terms & Conditions: Terms and conditions can be found online – www.explorehighland.com/terms-conditions/