Explore Highland love paddleboarding, otherwise known as SUP – Stand Up Paddleboarding, and offer a number of full-day guided trips for those who have some paddleboarding experience. With a fleet of Red Paddle Co. 12’6 Voyager touring boards, you will have a stunning day out on the water.
- Loch Ness
- Loch Maree
- Loch Beinn a Mheadhoin
- Loch Oich (including Laggan Avenue)
- Loch Carron
- Moray Firth (various options)
- Cromarty Firth
Full day guided trips start from £300. With one coach/guide, the maximum number of paddlers in the group is eight if sheltered water, six if more advanced environments. Full-day adventures are more suited to accompanied 14-17 year old/teenagers or adult only groups. Larger groups are possible with more advanced notice.
All full-day private paddleboarding trip is more suited to those who have prior paddleboarding experiences as the conditions out on the water and journey distance is more challenging than half-day trips in more sheltered water conditions. These trips are more suited for adults only. All paddlers should be physically fit and be water confident.
Do get in touch as early as possible to book your private full-day sup adventure as dates fill up fast during the Summer season.
Loch Ness by SUP
Why not paddleboard the most famous loch in the world. Loch Ness can be glass calm, but more often than not is not. A one way downwind paddle is sometimes the best plan and with various options from the limited launch points, Explore Highland will ensure your day outing is fun but safe. Launching options include Fort Augustus, Invermoriston, Alltsigh, Foyers, Dores & Lochend depending on wind direction.
Loch Maree by SUP
Loch Maree over on the West Coast is sixty miles from Inverness but well worth the scenic drive as is a stunning paddling location. Surrounded by stunning landscapes, islands, and the famous Scots pines giving some shelter. Famous for its Black-Throated divers nesting, it is a sensitive wildlife site and should be treated with respect. Explore Highland know the area well and a visit to Isle Maree will open your eyes to history and some hidden beauty spots accessible only from the water.
Loch Carron by SUP
Wester Ross has some fantastic paddling locations. Heading over towards Loch Carron with launching options including Kyle of Lochalsh, Plockton, Strome Ferry, Kishorn, and Lochcarron. The perfect Loch Carron paddle will be planned around local tide times and wind direction on the day.
Moray Firth by SUP
The east coast is always underestimated. With fantastic paddling options launching from Inverness, North Kessock, Rosemarkie, Cromarty, Ardersier, Nairn, Hopeman east to Portknockie, Cullen & Portsoy. The east coast has little to no shelter so wind conditions need to be low to calm to take to this exposed coastline.
Cromarty Firth by SUP
What Equipment do we supply
For a full-day paddleboarding we supply the following kit with all bookings:
- solo touring paddleboards
- a personal buoyancy aid, and a suitably sized adjustable paddle
- a large and a small dry bag per paddler if required
- adult wetsuits and shoes available if required. Please email (firstname.lastname@example.org) height and shoe size 24 hours prior to the activity
- approx 4-5 hours on the water paddling time
- transport from Inverness to paddle location and back to Inverness if required
- vehicle shuttle from start to finish of paddle
- copies of photos taken during the trip
What you need to bring
When paddleboarding, you should expect a fair bit of splashing, wet feet up to ankles wading into the water to launch and land the paddleboard and some maybe even falling off the board too. The weather can also change rapidly out on the water so its best to be prepared for the worst. Please bring suitable outdoor clothing to keep you warm for your time outdoors in the Scottish Highlands. As we are going on a wee journey, we will be outdoors for the full day.
- a waterproof jacket and waterproof over-trousers are highly recommended
- leggings/baselayer/fleece jumper
- a hat/ cap to keep your head warm
- old light footwear/trainers that you don’t mind getting wet/splashed
We recommend also bringing along;
- water or juice, lunch, and snacks to get you through the day
- any medication you may require
- towel & complete change of clothes for afterward – can be left in your car at the start/finish point!
Jeans and hiking boats are NOT suitable for paddlesports and will not be allowed on the water.
Booking a Private Full-Day Paddleboarding Experience
You can enquiry about your private full-day paddleboard experience availability by completing the provisional booking form on the contact page!