Full-Day Sea Kayaking
Sea kayaking is fun and great for exercise and to explore the beautiful Scottish Highlands coastline.
Explore Highland’s fleet of tandem Wavesport sea kayaks are stable fast and versatile. They allow for mixed abilities to get out on the water and cover good distances easily.
Full-day sea kayaking trips based from Inverness are many. The most popular trips Explore Highland offer include the following;
- Cromarty Firth
- Moray Firth
- Loch Ness
- Loch Maree
- Loch Beinn a Mheadhoin
Full-day trips start from £300. With one coach/guide, the maximum number of paddlers is eight (four tandem sea kayaks). Larger groups are possible with more advanced notice.
See below for more details on how to book a private full-day sea kayak experience.
Cromarty Firth by Sea Kayak
Loch Ness by Sea Kayak
Loch Maree by Sea Kayak
Loch Beinn a Mheadhoin by Sea Kayak
What Equipment do we supply
For a full-day sea kayaking guided trip we supply the following kit with all bookings:
- tandem sea kayaks. The instructor will paddle solo with an even number of paddlers or pair up with the odd paddler,
- a personal buoyancy aid, and a suitably kayak paddle
- a small dry bag per person if required
- approx four to five hours on the water paddling time
- transport from Inverness to/back from the paddling location
- copies of photos taken during the trip
What you need to bring
When paddling, you should expect some splashing and drips from the paddle. You’ll also get wet feet when launching and landing the sea kayak from the beach landings. The weather can also change rapidly out on the water so its best to be prepared for the worst. Please bring suitable outdoor clothing to keep you warm for your time outdoors in the Scottish Highlands. As we are going on a wee journey, we will be outdoors for the full duration and not able to just nip back to the start for shelter if it starts to rain.
- a waterproof jacket and waterproof over-trousers are highly recommended
- leggings/baselayer/fleece jumper
- a hat/ cap to keep your head warm
- old light footwear/trainers that you don’t mind getting wet
We recommend also bringing along;
- water or juice as you may get thirsty. Remember to take some lunch too
- any medication you may require
- towel & complete change of clothes for afterward – can be left in your car at the start/finish point!
Jeans and hiking boats are NOT suitable for watersports and will not be allowed on the water.
Booking a Private Full-Day Sea Kayaking Experience
You can book your Private Full-Day Sea Kayaking Experience in three easy steps.
Step 1 – Check out the online activity diary for Donald’s availability/clear day for a suitable date. A minimum of two weeks notice is required to turn around forms, create booking/invoice and allocate resources.
Step 2 – If the date/time your required full-day sea kayaking experience are available/clear within my online diary, please complete the provisional private group booking request form below.
Once the form has been received and reviewed, Donald will get back in touch by email to accept or decline the provisional booking request.
Step 3 – If your provisional booking is accepted, additional information (Private Group Booking Form) is needed, with the completed forms returned within 48 hrs. All forms should be forwarded to Donald at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be aware as featured on the diary page, Donald is out coaching/guiding and not office based, so please apply with plenty of time to allow enquiries to be processed.
PLEASE NOTE: Explore Highland does NOT hire out solo or tandem sea kayaks or equipment.