Full-Day White Water Kayaking
White water kayaking in the Scottish Highlands is very popular due to the wide range of technical rivers we have on our doorstep.
Explore Highland’s fleet of Wavesport river kayaks are suitable for beginners and experienced paddlers looking to develop their skills or just get out to take on the challenge of Scottish white water paddling.
Based in Inverness our local rivers offer everything from easy grade 1/2 for the beginner, plenty of choices for grade 2 for the improver river kayakers, grade 3 for intermediate kayakers, and grade 4+ for the advanced white water kayakers.
Full-day guided/coached river trips start from £140 for a 1-2-1 tuition/guiding, £200 based on two adults, or £270 based on three adults.
See below for more details on how to book a private full-day white water kayaking experience.
What Equipment do we supply
For a full-day whitewater kayak guided trip we supply the following kit with all bookings:
- a suitable whitewater kayak with full plate footrest, fitted with two stern airbags, bow airbag and swim a swim tail
- a personal buoyancy aid, neoprene spray deck, sidecut helmet and a suitably kayak river paddle
- a full-body wetsuit, a pair of wetsuit shoes & a paddling jacket
- a white water throw bag
- two small dry bags per person for lunch & spare clothes
- approx four to five hours on the water paddling time
- transport from Inverness to/back from the paddling location
- copies of photos taken during the trip
What you need to bring
When paddling, you should expect some splashing and drips from the paddle. You’ll also get wet feet when launching and landing the sea kayak from the beach landings. The weather can also change rapidly out on the water so its best to be prepared for the worst. Please bring suitable outdoor clothing to keep you warm for your time outdoors in the Scottish Highlands. As we are going on a wee journey, we will be outdoors for the full duration and not able to just nip back to the start for shelter if it starts to rain.
- swimwear for under the wetsuit
- a hat/ cap to keep your head warm at tea break/lunch
- old light footwear/trainers that you don’t mind getting wet
- water or juice, and a packed lunch
- any medication you may require
- towel & complete change of clothes for afterward – can be left at the start/finish point
Booking a Private Full-Day White Water Kayak Experience
You can book your Private Full-Day White Water Kayak Experience in three easy steps.
Step 1 – Check out the online activity diary for Donald’s availability/clear day for a suitable date.
Step 2 – Complete the downloadable Private Group Booking Form,
Step 3 – Email completed form to Donald at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be aware as featured on the diary page, Donald is out coaching/guiding and not office based, so please apply with plenty of time to allow enquiries to be processed.
PLEASE NOTE: Explore Highland does NOT hire out white water kayaks or equipment.