Full-Day White Water Kayaking
White water kayaking in the Scottish Highlands is very popular due to the wide range of technical rivers we have on our doorstep.
Based in Inverness our local rivers offer everything from easy grade 1/2 for the beginner, plenty of choices for grade 2-3 for the improver river kayakers, grade 3-4 for intermediate kayakers, and grade 4+ for the advanced white water kayakers.
Full-day guided/coached river trips start are offered for paddlers who have all their own equipment.
Coaching/Guiding only – 1-2-1 £150, two adults £190, or three adults £240.
See below for more details on how to book a private full-day white water kayaking experience.
What you need to bring
When paddling, you should expect some splashing and drips from the paddle. You’ll also get wet feet when launching and landing the sea kayak from the beach landings. The weather can also change rapidly out on the water so its best to be prepared for the worst. Please bring suitable outdoor clothing to keep you warm for your time outdoors in the Scottish Highlands. As we are going on a wee journey, we will be outdoors for the full duration and not able to just nip back to the start for shelter if it starts to rain.
- suitable white water kayak with airbags fitted bow & stern
- paddle, buoyancy aid, helmet
- wetsuit, dry suit or dry separate for paddling in
- small dry bag with beanie/gloves to keep you warm when at side of the river
- footwear with good soles suitable for kayaking and able to get in/out of kayak no issue
- flask with hot drink and a packed lunch
- any medication you may require
- towel & complete change of clothes for afterward – can be left at the start/finish point/vehicle
What Equipment do we supply
For a full-day whitewater kayak day we supply the following kit with all bookings:
- transport from Inverness to/back from the paddling location if required
- All safety and support equipment
- Spares bag of kit to support paddlers if forgotten something
- Full day coaching/guiding
- copies of photos & video taken during the day
- Feedback at the end of the day
Booking a Private Full-Day White Water Kayak Experience
You can book your Private Full-Day White Water Kayak Experience in three easy steps.
Step 1 – Check out the online activity diary for Donald’s availability/clear day for a suitable date. A minimum of two weeks notice is required to turn around single day guided activities. Four to six weeks notice is required for multiday guided activities.
Step 2 – If the date/time your required full-day white water kayak experience are available/clear within my online diary, please complete the provisional private group booking request form below.
Once the form has been received and reviewed, Donald will get back in touch by email to accept or decline the provisional booking request.
Step 3 – If your provisional booking is accepted, additional information (Private Group Booking Form) is needed, with the completed forms returned within 48 hrs. All forms should be forwarded to Donald at email@example.com
Please be aware as featured on the diary page, Donald is out coaching/guiding and not office based, so please apply with plenty of time to allow enquiries to be processed.
PLEASE NOTE: Explore Highland does NOT hire out white water kayaks.