Great Glen SUP Adventure
Our next guided Great Glen adventures are;
The Great Glen which spans the width of Scotland is made up of four main lochs, two rivers and interlinking canal sections connecting Loch Linnhe in the west to the Moray Firth in the East.
Coast to Coast Expedition
Paddling across the Great Glen from Fort William in the East to Inverness in the West, a distance of over sixty miles is distance over five days is possible for those who are experienced paddleboarders. Five days of paddling approx 12 miles per day, four nights wild camping, and a full immersion in the scenary, wildlife and Highland culture.
Best of the Great Glen
For those less experienced, enjoying paddling at the best locations within the Great Glen is an excellent way to see this magnificent glen from the water.
Paddling locations may include:
- Loch Linnhe – by Corpach
- Caledonian Canal – Corpach to Banavie
- Loch Lochy – by Gairlochy
- Caledonian Canal – Laggan Avenue – Well of Seven Heads
- River Oich – Aberchalder to Kytra loop
- Loch Ness – Fort Augustus, Urquhart Castle or Dores
- Loch Ness/Loch Dochfour trip
- River Ness – Dochgarroch to Inverness
- Beauly Firth – Clachnaharry trip
- Night 1 – Fort William
- Night 2 – Foyers
- Night 3 – Inverness
This trip includes:
- Transport from Inverness
- Minibus support throughout trip
- Guiding/coaching as required
- SUP board, paddle and wetsuit as required
- Commercial Campsite fees (Fort William, Fort Augustus, Inverness)
- Camping equipment if required
- Action photos taken by your guide during the adventure
Accommodation for this outdoor adventure is to use three commercial campsites. Paddlers are welcome should they wish to upgrade to local B&B or hotel accommodation. Drop off and pick up can be arranged. There will be an opportunity each day for the group to pick up fresh food. The group normally go out for an evening meal together in Fort Augustus (end of day 2) and/or Inverness (end of day 3).
This adventure is for paddlers who have previous experience stand up paddling. We are happy to offer a day training prior for those who would love to join this adventure but have never stand up paddled before.
Book Your Private Great Glen SUP Adventure
You can enquiry about your private Great Glen SUP Adventure experience availability by completing the provisional booking form on the contact page!