Explore Highland have a fleet of inflatable boards (ISUP’s) so you’ll be guaranteed to have a great day out on the water!
The 2019 paddleboard fleet include;
- 1x Red Paddle co. 15′ Tandem Voyager touring board,
- 2x Red Paddle co. 12’6 Voyager touring boards,
- 2x Red Paddle co. 13’2 Voyager touring boards,
- 2x Red Paddle co. 13’2 Explorer touring boards,
- 1x Red Paddle co. Ride 10’6 board,
- 1x Red Paddle co. Ride 10’8 board,
- 1x Red Paddle co. Activ 10’8 (Yoga) board,
Explore Highland paddleboards are great for use on the Caledonian Canal, lochs and sheltered coastal waters around Scotland. The general rule is they are not allowed to be used on rivers due to fin depth, potential damage, and safety reasons. For more information please enquire as there are a number of deep/slow moving grade 1 rivers we can recommend.
Paddleboards will NOT be available to hire after October 2019 as being removed from the Explore Highland hire fleet at the end of this season.
Transporting Hired Paddleboards
When hiring them from our Inverness base, you can have your paddleboard pre-inflated to paddle on the Caledonian Canal, Beauly Firth or ready to be loaded straight onto your own vehicle roof bars for adventures further afield.
If you don’t have roof bars on your own/hire vehicle, our paddleboards can be deflated and rolled into their own rucksack/backpack ready for you to transport in your car boot or back seat, to the local paddling destination of your choosing.
Paddleboard Hire Kit
Explore highland includes the following kit FREE OF CHARGE when requested with all paddleboard hires:
- Various buoyancy aid sizes available to suit individual paddlers build
- SUP adjustable adult or kids paddle
- Spare split paddle issued per group
- Coiled leash to ensure you don’t drift apart from your paddleboard
- Titan hand pump to inflate or deflate your hire board
- Travel rucksack to transport and store the ISUP safely
- 1x 60-litre dry bag/backpack per person for day tripping and expeditions
- 1x 10-litre dry bag per person for day tripping
- Sponge for wiping down your board
Please complete the downloadable SUP Kit List and submit at the time of booking so your kit is reserved along with your craft.
Paddleboard Hire Additional Kit
Also available are the following additional chargeable items:
- Full body wetsuits
- Wetsuit shoes
- Paddling jackets
- Toilet Kits
- Vango adventure tents
- Sleeping roll mats
- Stove & cooking sets
- Water carriers
Please complete the downloadable Additional Kit List which can be submitted at the time of booking.
Paddleboard Hire Costs
Explorer & Voyager solo paddleboard hire charges for are;
- Two days – £80
- Three days – £110
- Four days – £135
- Five days – £155
For longer hires, please add £25 per day.
Tandem Voyager paddleboard hire charges for are;
- Two days – £100
- Three days – £120
- Four days – £155
- Five days – £175
For longer hires, please add £30 per day.
Afraid it’s not viable to offer less than two-day paddleboard hire. Please look to join one of the planned half day, full day or book a private guided trip.
Responsible Paddleboard Access
When out paddleboarding, under the Scottish Outdoor Access Code, you must take responsibility for your own actions on and off the water. We can help by providing you with our local knowledge, responsible access, and safety information before you head off on your adventure.
As a responsible company, stand up paddleboard hire is only available to those with paddling and safety experience on the board and intended environments. For those who have no experience or looking at venturing into unknown waters, a professional guiding service is available.
Alternatively, Donald can offer a skills/safety training workshop for those wishing to hire paddleboards without any experience.
Booking Your Paddleboard Hire
You can book your paddleboard hire in three easy steps.
Step 1 – Check out the online diary for Donald’s availability for hire kit issuing and shuttle service is required. Craft availability is not listed online.
Step 2 – Complete the downloadable Hire & Shuttle Booking Form along with you SUP Kit List, and if required your Additional Kit List
Step 3 – Email all required forms to Donald at email@example.com
Please also be aware as featured on the diary page, Donald is out coaching/guiding and not office based, so please apply with plenty of time to allow enquiries to be processed.
Paddleboard How to Video’s
Paddleboard Hire Terms & Conditions
- Paddleboard hire is offered on the basis that hirers are appropriately experienced and qualified in the craft being hired, including safety & rescue of the craft, kit, and group, in the environment being paddled. No instruction or safety cover is included with hire.
- Buoyancy aid are issued per paddler and recommended to be worn at all times when on the water.
- £100 refundable security deposit paid by credit/debit card required per board at the time of collection.
- Minimum of 14 days notice is required for all hires during peak season (March to October). Please see the online diary for Donald’s availability as longer may be required as frequently away on guided multiday adventure holidays with little to no signal.
- Drop off/collection service is also available when booked at same time as your hire.
- Hire Agreement terms & conditions form is required to be signed at time of hire.
For those with limited to no stand-up paddleboarding experience, Donald run’s regular half day and full day trips plus offers bespoke guided adventure holidays which include coaching, guidance, transport and safety cover.