Sea Kayak Hire
At Explore Highland we are able to offer sea kayak hire for your next 2019 Scottish paddling adventure. We offer the latest sea kayaks that are great for sheltered water touring or full-on Scottish West Coast expeditions.
By hiring only the best equipment and support, you can be sure that your sea kayak hire equipment will really make your Scottish paddling adventure holiday with Explore Highland that wee bit more special.
Sea Kayaks will NOT be available to hire after October 2019 as being removed from the Explore Highland fleet at the end of this season.
Sea Kayak Kit
Explore Highland include the following kit FREE OF CHARGE with all sea kayak hires;
- 210-220cm 2-piece split glass/plastic paddles available
- Various buoyancy aid sizes available to suit individual paddlers build
- Neoprene spray deck per paddler
- 10-litre dry bag per paddler for day tripping and expeditions
- kayak folding portage trolleys and straps for use on the Great Glen Canoe Trail
- 1x 15m towline for leader
- 1x Bilge pump for leader
- 1x Spare two piece split paddle for leader
Please complete the downloadable Sea Kayak Kit List and submit at the time of booking so your kit is reserved along with your craft.
Sea Kayak Additional Kit
Also available are the following additional chargeable items;
- Full body wetsuits
- Wetsuit shoes
- Paddling jackets
- Toilet kits
- Vango adventure tents
- Sleeping roll mats
- Stove & cooking sets
- Water carriers
Please complete the downloadable Additional Kit List which can be submitted at the time of booking.
Sea Kayak Hire Costs
Explore Highland sea kayak hire charge are;
- Two days – £80
- Three days – £110
- Four days – £135
- Five days – £155
For longer hires, please add £25 per day.
Afraid it’s not viable to offer single kayak or less than two-day sea kayak hire. Please look to join one of the planned half day, full day or book a private guided trip.
You can find more details and costs of shuttle services below.
When out sea kayaking, under the Scottish Outdoor Access Code, you must take responsibility for your own actions on and off the water. We can help by providing you with our local knowledge, responsible access and safety information before you head off on your adventure.
As a responsible company, sea kayak hire is only available to those with paddling and safety experience in the craft and intended environments. For those who have no experience or looking at venturing into unknown waters, a professional guiding service is available.
Alternatively, Donald can offer a skills/safety training workshop for those wishing to hire sea kayaks without any experience.
Booking Your Sea Kayak Hire
You can book your sea kayak hire in three easy steps.
Step 1 – Check out the online diary for Donald’s availability for hire kit issuing and shuttle service is required. Craft availability is not listed online.
Step 2 – Complete the downloadable Hire & Shuttle Booking Form along with you Sea Kayak Kit List, and if required your Additional Kit List
Step 3 – Email all required forms to Donald at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please also be aware as featured on the diary page, Donald is out coaching/guiding and not office based, so please apply with plenty of time to allow enquiries to be processed.
Sea Kayak Hire Terms & Conditions
- Sea kayak hire is offered on the basis that hirers are appropriately experienced and qualified in the craft being hired, including safety & rescue of craft, kit, and group, in the environment being paddled. No instruction or safety cover is included with hire.
- Buoyancy aids are issued per kayaker and recommended to be worn at all times when on the water.
- £100 refundable security deposit is required per craft at the time of hire.
- Minimum of 14 days notice is required for all hires during peak season (March to October). Please see the online diary for Donald’s availability as longer may be required as frequently away guiding multiday adventure holidays with little to no signal.
- Drop off/collection service is also available when booked at same time as your hire.
- Hire Agreement terms & conditions form is required to be signed at the time of hire.
For those with limited to no sea kayaking paddling experience, Donald run’s regular half day and full day trips plus offers bespoke guided adventure holidays which include coaching, guiding, transport and safety cover.