Planned Loch Ness Trips
Explore Highland run a number of planned four-hour paddling trips out onto Loch Ness from Easter to October. These trips are scheduled around other bookings however generally there is one planned per week, usually an afternoons (1-5pm), however during summer evening paddles (6-10pm) may also be planned/requested.
For 2020 we will be using 4x Wavesport tandem kayaks on Loch Ness.
These kayaks are….
- Easy access/egress for adults and kids with large cockpits
- Very stable due to being wide and have a low centre of balance
- Comfortable deluxe seat pads with backrests
- These kayaks enable more distance and handle all conditions
- Paddling tandem helps average out group ability and enables adults and child to paddle together
Paddle Loch Ness 2020 dates which have already been planned include;
- Monday 13th April, 1000-1400
- Thursday 30th April, 1300-1700
- Friday 8th May, 1000-1400
- Friday 29th May, 1000-1400
- Friday 12th June, 1000-1400
- Friday 26th June, 1000-1400
- Friday 3rd July, 1000-1400
- Friday 17th July, 1000-1400
- Wednesday 22nd July, 1000-1400
- Wednesday 29th July, 1000-1400
- Friday 7th August, 1300-1700
- Friday 21st August, 1000-1400
- Friday 28th August, 1000-1400
- Friday 11th September, 1000-1400
- Wednesday 7th October, 1000-1400
- Wednesday 14th October, 1000-1400
Normal cost for planned trips are;
- Adults – £50pp
- 8-11yo – £30pp
- 12-17yo – £35pp
Please see the activity diary to book online.
Private Loch Ness Experience
Explore Highland offers families & groups the opportunity to have a private Paddle Loch Ness trip. Craft choice will depend on availability, however, we recommend tandem kayaks for inexperienced paddlers. For experienced paddlers, tandem open canoes, or stand up paddle boards may be available on request. Book early to have your choice of craft.
Paddle Loch Ness planned trips are normally run on afternoons (1-5pm), however, private trips can be booked for dawn 6-10am, morning 9am-1pm, afternoon 1-5pm or evenings 6-10pm. Sunday evening paddles offer you the loch to yourself, with little to no boat traffic operating after 6pm, just saying!
Private Paddle Loch Ness (4 hour)
Trips start from £200 based on three adults.
Book Your Private Loch Ness Experience
You can book your Private Loch Ness Experience in three easy steps.
Step 1 – Check out the online activity diary for Donald’s availability for a suitable date.
Step 2 – Complete the downloadable Private Group Booking Form,
Step 3 – Email completed form to Donald at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be aware as featured on the diary page, Donald is out coaching/guiding and not office based, so please apply with plenty of time to allow enquiries to be processed.