Great Glen Canoe Trail Shuttle Service
Explore Highland offers a bespoke Great Glen Canoe Trail shuttle services for those taking on this formal Canoe Trail. Based in Inverness we offer a cost-effective shuttle service for canoeists, kayakers, and paddleboarders for individuals to large groups.
Great Glen Bespoke Shuttle Service
Most groups we shuttle meet in the Coop car park, Telford Street, just beside the Canoe Trail car park. Here there is space to pack your kit into the hired drybags and barrels. Plus if you have forgotten anything, you can pop in for additional food at the store or if its camping equipment, Go Outdoors outdoor store is only 400m away. You can also pick up your Canoe Trail facilities key from Scottish Canals Seaport Marina office which is just by the canal during office hours.
After loading up our minibus and/or trailer, you can park your car(s) in the Great Glen Canoe Trail car park by Muirtown Basin where there are designated parking spaces you can use for free during your Great Glen Canoe Trail adventure.
From here we shuttle you to your requested drop off/start point. Majority of which is to the top of Neptune’s Staircase at Banavie, Fort William. This takes just under two hours in summer, but with swing bridges opening, heavy traffic with many tourists around, occasional road works, and other unforeseen delays f, it can sometimes take a little longer.
During the shuttle, we also offer safety advice en route and can stop off briefly at the side of Loch Ness, Fort Augustus, and Loch Lochy to highlight various options to offer local information to aid in making your expedition across Scotland much easier and safer.
Inverness to Banavie, Fort William Shuttle
Five-hour shuttle overview:
- 5 mins – Meet n greet clients at Coop Telford Street car park
- 20 mins – Pack kit into hired barrels and bags, and load minibus and/or trailer
- 5 mins – Clients move cars across the road to the Canoe Trail car park
- 2 hour – Shuttle to Banavie, Fort William
- 10 mins – Unloading minibus and/or trailer of bags, boats & kit
- 20 mins – Advice on packing, moving & handling, portaging and canoe sailing kits if required
- 2 hour – Return drive to Inverness for driver
Great Glen Canoe Trail Shuttle Costs
Below are the costs of the shuttle from Inverness to various locations along the Great Glen Canoe Trail.
- to Banavie – from £160 no trailer, £220 with trailer
- to Well of Seven Heads – from £130 no trailer, £170 with trailer
- to Fort Augustus – from £90 no trailer, £120 with trailer
- to Foyers – from £90 no trailer, £120 with trailer
- to Dores Beach – from £50 no trailer, £70 with trailer
- to Dochgarroch Locks – from £40 no trailer, £60 with trailer
* Prices based on shuttles for our hire clients with a maximum capacity of eight paddlers.
** Explore Highland can transport up to two open canoes or four plastic sea kayaks on the minibus roof rack. For additional craft numbers, a trailer is required. J-bars and additional padding can be supplied for glass/carbon sea kayaks. Please remember to request this at the time of booking.
*** These are allowing for a 50mph trailer/minibus speed limit and loading/unloading time.
All our Great Glen Canoe Trail shuttle clients at the time of confirming their booking are also emailed a number of key resources to assist route planning and offer additional trail information to ensure you make the most from your paddling adventure.