Great Glen Shuttle Service
Explore Highland offer planned, bespoke and an emergency Great Glen Canoe Trail shuttle services for those taking on Scotland’s first formal Canoe Trail.
Based in Inverness we offer a cost-effective shuttle service for canoe and kayak groups of any size.
Planned & Bespoke Shuttle Service
Groups normally meet at our canal side base, Inverness, where we can offer refreshments and shelter when packing your kit into your hired drybags and barrels.
After loading up our minibus and/or trailer, we can then lead you to the Great Glen Canoe Trail car park by Muirtown Basin, where there are designated parking spaces you can leave your vehicle(s) for free during your Great Glen expedition.
Loading up and shuttling direct to the top of Neptune’s Staircase at Banavie, Fort William takes just under two hours. We also offer safety advice en route over the shuttle journey and stop off briefly at Loch Ness, Urquhart Castle and Fort Augustus to highlight various options for taking on the Great Glen Canoe Trail safely.
Great Glen Canoe Trail Shuttle to Banavie
Five hour shuttle overview:
- 5 mins – Meet n greet clients and offer a hot drink at EH office
- 20 mins – Load minibus and trailer with barrels and bags
- 5 mins – Follow clients cars to Canoe Trail car park at Muirtown Locks
- 2 hour – Shuttle to Banavie Fort William
- 10 mins – Unloading minibus and trailer of bags, boats & kit
- 20 mins – Advice on packing, moving, portaging and sailing if required
- 2 hour – Return drive to Inverness
See our location page for directions and other facilities available.