SUP Great Glen
The Great Glen which spans the width of Scotland is made up of four main lochs and interlinking canal sections connecting Loch Linnhe in the west to the Moray Firth in the East. Join us on this four day stand up paddle tour of the Great Glen. Paddling the whole distance in this time is possible however this leaves little to no time to enjoy the best bits at a more relaxed pace.
After meeting up and reviewing the weather conditions for the duration of the adventure and discussing the logistics, we’ll depart from Inverness and head West. Each day we would expect to visit one or two different paddling locations which may include sea, loch, canal and river sections.
Paddling locations may include:
- Loch Linnhe – by Corpach
- Caledonian Canal – Corpach to Banavie
- Loch Lochy – by Gairlochy
- Caledonian Canal – Laggan Avenue – Well of Seven Heads
- River Oich – Aberchalder to Kytra loop
- Loch Ness – Fort Augustus, Urquhart Castle or Dores
- Loch Ness/Loch Dochfour trip
- River Ness – Dochgarroch to Inverness
- Beauly Firth – Clachnaharry trip
- Night 1 – Fort William
- Night 2 – Fort Augustus
- Night 3 – Inverness
This trip includes:
- Transport from Inverness
- Minibus support throughout trip
- Guiding/coaching as required
- SUP board, paddle and wetsuit as required
- Commercial Campsite fees (Fort William, Fort Augustus, Inverness)
- Camping equipment if required
- Action photos taken by your guide during the adventure
Accommodation for this outdoor adventure is to use three commercial campsites. Paddlers are welcome should they wish to upgrade to local B&B or hotel accommodation. Drop off and pick up can be arranged. There will be an opportunity each day for the group to pick up fresh food. The group normally go out for an evening meal together in Fort Augustus (end of day 2) and/or Inverness (end of day 3).
This adventure is for paddlers who have previous experience stand up paddling. We are happy to offer a day training prior for those who would love to join this adventure but have never stand up paddled before.
Email Donald with your preferred dates and group numbers to gain a quote.