Meeting at Explore Highland Office at Clachnaharry Works Lock, we meet and discuss the day over a social cuppa. Once all welcomed and introduced, we spend half an hour looking over a range of paddleboards, paddles, and other paddleboarding accessories.
After getting changed, the rest of the morning is spent on the Caledonian Canal, learning paddleboard basics.
Lunch half hour is based back at the office. Here hot & cold drinks are offered.
In the afternoon as a group, we decide on best location depending on tide times and wind direction and head off on a local paddleboarding adventure.
Back at the office just after 4.30pm we tidy up and recap the day’s learning.
- inflatable paddleboard
- a personal buoyancy aid (PFD) and an adjustable paddle
- full body wetsuit and wetsuit shoes
- a 10-litre dry bag for accessories for an afternoon adventure
- full day course with over 5 hours on the water coaching/guiding
- hot & cold drinks available at breaks and lunch
- copies of photos taken by your guide during the course
What you need to bring:
- swimwear (please arrive with swimwear already on)
- wetsuit & shoes if you have your own
- beanie/cap and shades if you wish
- towel & change of clothes
- old footwear/trainers that you don't mind getting wet/splashed
- packed lunch & water bottle
- any medication you may require
Group Size: Min 4, Max 7 (Bookings closes 48 hours before activity date. Should there not be sufficient numbers, you will be notified and issued a full refund)
Age: This trip is suitable for adults. 14-18year olds may join when accompanied by a parent/guardian (minimum 14-year-old). Should you require to book for multiple spaces, please check spaces available when registering "Add More Attendee's? Click to toggle, limit X)" lets you see remaining spaces. Adults and U18's need to be booked/paid separately.
Meeting Time: 9.00am. (Access from 8.50am)
Meet Location: Explore Highland Office, Clachnaharry Works Lock, Clachnaharry Road, Inverness. IV3 8RA. Google Maps - https://goo.gl/maps/JUoymHYiPcK2
Parking: Free parking available beside the office. Please see Office page for further details on directions & parking instructions.
Finish Time: Approx 5.00pm
Craft: Inflatable paddleboards
Personal Belongings: Camera's, phones, car keys and other personal belongings are taken out onto the water at your own risk. If in doubt, please leave these items in your own car or office when out on the water
Terms & Conditions: Terms and conditions can be found online - www.explorehighland.com/terms-conditions/