Practise makes perfect. Join Donald over this weekend and freshen up, develop and progress your skills and understanding of river paddling. Learn first hand from an experienced white water kayak instructor. Be introduced to new rivers, new ways of reading and running rapids, be shown (not told) through good demonstrations and video playback of own paddling runs. By feeling safe and confident out on the water, your paddling will only improve!
This weekend course is aimed at paddlers with their own kayak and equipment and has some experience of paddling on grade 1-2 rivers like the River Ness, Spey, Beauly and Oich. The lower Findhorn (Mains of Sluie to Mundole section) and Upper Feshie are other options for these days depending on river levels.
- two full days of whitewater coaching
- transport to and back from paddling venue
- tea/coffee/hot chocolate for the morning briefing
- first aid kit and group shelter
- spare split paddle
- copies of all photos taken by your guide during the trip
What you need to bring:
When whitewater paddling, you should expect to be prepared for a full day out on/by the water.
- suitable river kayak (including airbags)
- paddle, river buoyancy aid, helmet, deck & paddle
- appropriate paddling clothing and footwear
- hat and gloves for a tea break, lunch and land coaching
- packed lunch and a hot flask in a suitable dry bag
- towel and a complete change of clothing for after
- water or juice as you may get thirsty
- any medication you may require
Group Size: Min 2, Max 4 (Bookings close 48 hours before activity date. Should there not be sufficient numbers, you will be notified and issued a full refund)
Age: This course is suitable for adults (18 years and over) only.
Meeting Time: 9.00 am
Meet Location: Day 1 meeting at McDonalds carpark, Inshes, Inverness (Google Map Link) or head.vent.sprint (What3words Map). Day 2 meeting location will be arranged at end of day 1.
Finish Time: approx 6.00 pm daily back in Inverness
Weather: As these are river days, rivers will be chosen around the group's needs, skills and rainfall/river levels at the time.
Personal Belongings: Camera's, phones, car keys and other personal belongings are taken out onto the water at your own risk. If in doubt, please leave these back on land!
Discounts: 10% discount available to SCA Club and SCA Members
Terms & Conditions: Terms and conditions can be found online at - www.explorehighland.com/terms-conditions/