Meeting at Dores village car park, all the paddlers are introduced to the group, we ensure all have suitable clothing and food before shuttling the group in the minibus to Fort Augustus.
At Fort Augustus, we unload the kayaks and issue a suitably sized personal buoyancy aid, spray deck, and paddle to everyone. We also issue two small dry bags per person for spare clothes and food/drink for the day.
After a short safety briefing, we launch onto Loch Ness and make a start in crossing the 21 miles across the south side of Loch Ness. We will look at paddling for 3x two-hour paddling stints when we will stop for a 20-30 min break at two locations where we can stretch the legs, take more photos and enjoy the loch scenery in good company.
- tandem kayaks
- a personal buoyancy aid, spray deck and kayak paddle
- two small dry bags per person
- paddling gloves/pogies
- approx six hours paddling
- full-day guided outing across the world-famous loch
- transport from Dores to Fort Augustus
- copies of photos taken during the trip
What you need to bring:
- a waterproof jacket and waterproof over-trousers
- leggings/baselayer/fleece jumper
- a hat/ cap to keep your head warm
- old light footwear/trainers that you don't mind getting wet/splashed
We recommend also bringing along;
- water, juice, hot flask and lunch for the full day
- any medication you may require
- towel & complete change of clothes to be taken with you
Spare kit to be left in own car for the finish;
- additional spare clothes/towel/shoes to be left in your own car for afterward
Jeans and hiking boats are NOT suitable for paddlesports.
Group Size: Max x6 paddlers (3x tandem kayaks)
Age: This trip is suitable for adults, or accompanied 14-17 year olds
Meeting Time: 8.00 am. Please arrive early to ensure time to park. Minibus departs at 8.15 am
Meet Location: Meeting on the B862 by Dores village car park entrance. The minibus and trailer cant access the car park so please meet at the main road
Google Maps link - https://goo.gl/maps/7x9MACHXPuM5xyjp6
What3Words: Car Park: ///tentacles.belt.market
Parking: Free parking available in the village car park. Public toilets are available by Dores Inn!
Finish Time: Approx 6-7.00 pm
Distance: Approx. paddling distance 21 miles
Craft: Tandem kayaks. Due to COVID-19, all tandem craft bookings are taken in pairs (same household) and prices reflect 2x adults £160 or an adult & 14-17 year old £150 option.
Personal Belongings: Cameras, phones, car keys, and other personal belongings are taken out onto the water at your own risk. If in doubt, please leave these items in your own car when out on the water
COVID-19 Safety Precautions: A number of precautions are being put in place to ensure safety for all attending.
- All participants are attending on the basis they are NOT suffering from any COVID-19 symptoms, have NOT knowingly been in contact with anyone suffering from COVID-19 symptoms within the last 14 days, and are fit, healthy and happy to participate,
- Should any booked participant discover they have developed any COVID-19 symptoms, participants are asked to contact Explore Highland and notify at the earliest opportunity. As a local, your activity booking will be postponed and welcome you back to participate when you are well and out of the recommended 7-14 days quarantine process,
- We ask all participants to respect social distancing and assist in everyone's safety,
- Social distancing maintained including virtual handshakes and afraid we will NOT be supplying added extras including hot drinks and cakes etc.,
- Alcohol-based hand sanitizer available for regular application for all,
- Facemasks will be required during the transport shuttle,
- Pre & post-cleaning of all craft and kit including a 72 hour resting of all kit used,
- Additional safety briefing to explain self-rescue and ensuring no sharing equipment,
- Coach/guide will use disposable gloves when issuing clean kit or returning at end of session, plus if needing help carrying the craft to the water,
- Usual group photos will be taken using social distancing and same household photos option also offered,
- Should there be any more best practice advice issued, we will ensure to add to this list to further promote safe paddling for all.
Terms & Conditions: Terms and conditions can be found online - www.explorehighland.com/terms-conditions/
Prices: 2x adults/tandem £160, 1x adult & 1x 14-17 year old £150. Booking payment accepted in tandem pairs only due to COVID-19.
Payment: You can make a booking by paying via credit and debit card. Complete the registration form below and confirm with payment.
PLEASE NOTE: Your place is not confirmed until full payment has been completed.