6:00 pm - 8:30 pm
Meeting at the Caledonian Canal in Inverness, we issue a suitably sized personal buoyancy aid, board, and paddle to everyone. After a short safety briefing, we go through some basic paddling strokes and skills on land before taking to the water to put those skills into action.
- paddleboard and leash
- a personal buoyancy aid (PFD) and an adjustable sup paddle
- approx 1.5-2 hours paddling on the water
- copies of photos taken during the session
- full body wetsuits can be supplied if requested by email 24 hrs before activity. Please email height (feet/inches) and build. email email@example.com
What you need to bring: When paddling, you should at best expect to get splashed a little, and at worst falling off the board putting your skills and balance to test. The weather can also change rapidly when out on the water so it’s best to be prepared for the worst. Please bring suitable outdoor clothing to keep you warm for the 2 hours outdoor session.
- a waterproof jacket and waterproof over trousers (recommended)
- shorts or leggings/baselayer/fleece jumper or wetsuit
- a hat/ cap to keep your head warm
- old light footwear/wetsuit shoes/trainers that you don’t mind getting wet when launching and landing
We recommend also bringing along;
- water bottle
- any medication you may require
- towel & complete change of clothes for afterward – can be left in your car!
Jeans and hiking boats are NOT suitable for watersports and paddling.
Group Size: maximum of 8 paddlers
Age: This session is suitable for adults or accompanied 14-17-year-olds. (minimum 14-year-old).
Meeting Time: 6.00 pm. Please arrive early to ensure you can get parked ok and are in time for the safety briefing and kit issue.
Local Facilities: Please note we are meeting in a public area where there are no facilities/no toilets available nearby.
Meet Location: Scottish Canals car park, Dochgarroch Locks (Inverness side)
Google Map link – https://maps.app.goo.gl/2pCF9h2WL1HBN4VaA
Finish Time: Approx 8.00-8.30 pm The last half our is given for free paddle time or to ask further questions.
Craft: Solo touring paddleboards. You are welcome to bring your own board and kit. Please ensure you arrive with sufficient time to have your board unloaded and inflated for the start time.
Weather: Should the weather/wind be unsuitable to paddle on the canal, Explore Highland will contact all booked clients and arrange to rebook for a future date.
Personal Belongings: Cameras, phones, car keys, and other personal belongings are taken out onto the water at your own risk. If in doubt, please leave these items in your car when out on the water
Online booking closes two days prior to the activity date.
Terms & Conditions: Terms and conditions can be found online at – www.explorehighland.com/terms-conditions/